10.12.18

Sunday Long Run: It's Cold Outside

Plan: Run 8 Miles.  Avoid frostbite.
Actual Mileage: 8.05 Miles
Route: This is my route into St Paul and back.  I haven't run it in quite some time.  Strava says not since January of 2017. 
Weather: Started around 18*, got up to mid 20s.  I literally had icicles in my hair.
Wardrobe: Running shorts, Brooks Running Pants, Wool socks, Wool under shirt, t-shirt, Blue Jacket, Altra Lone Peak shoes
Execution: I didn't feel good, but I was surprised at how 'not bad' I felt. It's just never going to feel good to wake up and walk out into the cold for a run, but I really didn't feel that crappy.  I didn't look at my watch, went totally by feel, took it slow on the hills, and actually had a nice time.  I haven't looked at my watch/splits yet.
Nutrition: I had a couple of gummy chews before the run.  I know, but it's what I wanted.  As I type this, I'm waiting for coffee to brew and heat me up.  Also, I'm waiting for my electric blanket to warm up.
From today, I learned: Listen to my body; it knows what it's doing.  Also, I can get away with crappy nutrition and not eating on an 8 mile run, but I'm going to have to turn it around soon for the longer runs I think.
Bonus: I took some pictures to send to my favorite people in Kentucky to see if the recognize the sites.  Before and After?

No comments:

Post a Comment