3.12.18

Sunday Long Run: I'm so over it

Plan: Run 7 Miles.  Go early to the gym, stay inside, and try to avoid the "cooking smells" from down below.
Actual Mileage: 7.5 miles.
Route: Track at the gym.  6 laps is a mile, roughly.
Weather: Well it was snowing with 20mph winds when I headed it.  It was the end of the snow storm though, so I had that going for me.
Wardrobe: I was running inside.  I was rocking my new Xero Prio shoes.  I'm liking them so far.  Not sure if I should take out the insoles or not.  So far, I've left them in.
Execution: I did almost 3 laps walking warm up, ran until I completed lap 42 (seven miles), and then walked three laps.
I was an utter grouch this entire run. So my heart rate was higher than it needed to be.  I was hacked off at the snow and the wind.  I was ticked at the parking situation at my gym.  And I was really pissed that people are allowed to cook food below where I run (literally) and I have to smell it, even though I got there early enough they shouldn't have been cooking yet.  So I was in a bad mood for stupid reasons.  This is why I run outside in the cold so often.
Nutrition: LOL.  No.  This run was fasted.  I did have a big fat bottle of water at the end.
From today, I learned: Don't run pissed off.  It's so not worth it.
Bonus: This is my first 'long run' (and I use that term very loosely here) for what I'm calling Marshmallow Training.  Why am I calling it that?  Every time I say "marathon" to Siri, she auto corrects to Marshmallow.  I mean, Freud? This may be the only time I ever explain that too, so enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment