9.12.18

Marshmallow Training - 22 Weeks to Go

Sunday
Planned: 7 Miles Long run
Actual: 7.5 miles on the track.  I got to the gym as it was opening.  I'd been up for a while scraping the snow off my car thought.
From today, I learned: I am captain grumpy pants. No, seriously, this was kind of a slow run becuase I was in a bad mood from the snow, the people, and mostly the food smells coming from below the track.  I learned I should not run in a bad mood.

Monday
Planned: 4 Miles: 1 mile warm up 15x 30 seconds fast, 30 seconds recovery, i.e. pick up the pace for 30 seconds, recovery for 30- do what feels like a moderately hard pace for the 30 seconds on, 15 sets.  1 mile cool-down.
Monday weights
Monday Abs
Actual: Speed Run outside.  4.3 miles
Monday weights (which used to be Sunday weights)
Monday abs done. 
From today, I learned: I was 'faster' than I expected on the fast parts so that was a nice surprise.  The Xero Prio is a nice shoe, but it is not a good snow running shoe.

Tuesday
Planned: 1 Miles run
Actual: 1 Mile outside in the neighborhood
From today, I learned: The Altras are MUCH better in the snow than the Xeros.  The lugs are much nubbier, and more grippy.

Wednesday
Planned: 4 Miles easy.
Wednesday weights
Actual: 4.5 miles, or so.  (It's hard to say because my Garmin got a little lost at the start and end of the run).  Avg HR 141.  Avg Pace 13:53.
Wednesday Weights (back squats; bench press; barbell rows).
From today, I learned: I need to very slightly increase my back squat weight next week.  Up to 85lbs for at least one set. 

Thursday
Planned: 3 Miles Easy
Actual: 3.22 miles around Lake Nokomis.  You may call me 'Captain Grumpy Pants'.  It's 7:30pm now and I just got finished with actual work, so this was a nice break in my day.
5 minutes 'finisher' of squats, side toe touches, leg raises, calf raises.
From today, I learned: Don't run in a bad mood, it raises my heart rate.  I knew this already.  Also, I took my own advice and wore my Altras.  No slippy on the run. 

Friday
Planned: 3 Miles Easy
Friday weights
Actual:
Run 3 miles easy on the track.  Not actually as grumpy as I have been.  This run helped me feel a bit better.
Friday weights, except I did not do assisted pull ups.  I had a 'Runch' and I just didn't have the extra 10 minutes. I legit feel guilty about this.
From today, I learned: Focus on cadence.  Even on slow runs.  It helps the form. 

Saturday
Planned: 3 Miles Easy
Actual: 3 Miles at Lake Nokomis.  Nice and easy. 13:54 avg pace for the running part, but it felt so much better than some other days this week.
From today, I learned: Nice and easy on the warm up means nice and easy on the run.  


No comments:

Post a Comment