31.12.18

Sunday Long Run: Inside. Booo!

Plan:
Plan A: Do all of the miles on the track
Plan B: Do most of the miles on the track, end up on the treadmill.
Plan C: Do a few miles on the track and most of the miles on 1 or 2 treadmills
Actual Mileage: 11 miles of not so much fun. It was better the first time because I didn't know what I was getting into.  Also, there were no food smells that day.
Route: Miles 1-7 were on the indoor track.  Once my outside arm and inside leg (on the turns) got stiff, I headed over to the treadmill for the finish.
Weather: Well, see, that's why I'm inside. It's ice covered crap out there.
Wardrobe: LOL.  I wore my new Prio Shoes, so that was fun.
Execution:Ugh.  Plan B was the winner.  I mean, I did fine.  I stopped looking at my watch after mile 4 which was the right decision. I lapped my watch manually every real mile.  As predicted I got sick of the food smells coming from down below the track.  Vindictive me wants to call Minneapolis restaurant inspections and send them over here.  Literally, there's no sink, how are you washing your hands?  But that's mostly because I hate the smell of donuts or onions or meat while I'm running.
Nutrition: I ran fasted.  I did have water a couple times on the treadmill.
From today, I learned: Patience and relaxation.  This is gonna take a while, just sit back and do it. I really focused on good relaxed posture, especially on the treadmill.
Bonus: Bonus 1 was lunch with Olive.
Bonus 2 - I checked out the trails in St Paul and they are much clearer than what we have in Minneapolis, so I may head that direction and run outside tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment