16.12.18

Marshmallow Training - 21 Weeks to Go

Sunday Planned: 8 Miles Long Run
Sunday actual: 8.05 miles, through the neighborhood.
Bonus walk at the gym with Dungeon Master.
From today, I learned: The sidewalks are significantly better than I'd expected.  I am so traumatized from all the ice last year, I was genuinely surprised at the state of things now.

Monday Planned: Hills workout; Monday Kettle Bell, Monday Abs
Monday actual:
Hill Workout: Warm up 2 miles; 8x 1:00 up hill, down hill recovery, 1-2 miles cool down for a total of 5.31 miles.
Kettle Bells - done.  I was worn out from the hills work out
Abs - done as a the indoor 'warm up' for the run. 
From today, I learned: These shoes are the best for running in the snow, but less than ideal for lifting weights.  I felt like my feet were moving in my shoes, if that makes sense.

Tuesday Planned: 1 Miles run
Tuesday actual: 1.22 miles in the afternoon.
From today, I learned: I'm writing this a day late.  Altra Lone Peaks in a little bit of snow was totally the right decision.

Wednesday Planned: 4 miles easy, weights.
Wednesday actual:
Run 4.35 miles.  Running pace was 13:38/mile which is actually a bit faster than I thought.
Weights: Heavy squats, barbell rows, bench press
From today, I learned: This was a rough run becuase my head was PoUnDiNg the entire time.  So, today I learned, try it anyways and see how far I can get.

Thursday Planned: 1 Mile
Thursday actual: 1.20 Miles, in the morning
From today, I learned: I do not need a head lamp if I am only running around the block several times.  Also, always better to get this kind of thing done straight away.

Friday Planned: 4 Miles easy; Friday weights
Friday actual:
4.25 miles in Brooklyn Park.  This run was a pleasure, mostly emotionally.  I have know idea how it felt in my body because I was so happy to be out on a well plowed trail on a beautiful, sunny, warm day.
Weights: done at the gym.  Except I can't do the pull up machine in pants or compression socks because I slide off the pad.  So I just cleaned the bar a lot at other times of my workout to get my "pulling" work.
From today, I learned: I've always seen this trail, and it didn't have a perfect "this is where I can change my clothes" set up, though it did have a parking lot near by.  Today, I was able to stop in a place to change, then drive to the parking lot and hit the trail.  I'm so glad I got to explore, because now I know that I like the trail, and there is a different place that has both parking and 'I can change into my running gear here' set up. 

Saturday Planned: 4 Miles Easy
Saturday actual: 4.17 miles, 'finisher' at the end.  Avg pace 13:53/mile
From today, I learned: Sidewalks in the neighborhood are wonderfully clear.  But the trails are on winter routes, meaning I have to wait for a light at Cedar Ave and Minnehaha. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment