23.12.18

Marshmallow Training - 20 Weeks to go

Sunday Planned: 10 Miles Long Run
Sunday actual: 10.16 Miles in the sunshine.
From today, I learned: I am loving this weather.  This run didn't feel nearly as bad as I'd worried it would

Monday Planned: Tempo run, weights, abs
Monday actual:
Monday abs before the run.
Wednesday weights on Monday after the run, becuase you know, why not right?
Tempo run was
0.5 miles warm up
4 sets of 0.5 miles at 5.6mph (10:42/mile), 0.25 miles at 4.1mph (14:38/mile)
0.5 miles cool down
From today, I learned: I was intimidated by this workout when I first read about it.  Then I was all "ok just try it" and then I had to do it at the crack of dawn on the treadmill which actually made me know I could get the pacing correct.  My Garmin crapped the bed this morning.  Heart rate didn't work at all and my workout I built for this wouldn't sync to the watch.  And it thinks I was doing like a 12:30/mile during the 'fast' part.  So I had to write my coach and reassure her I did this thing as written.

Tuesday Planned: 5 miles easy, weights
Tuesday actual:
Bonus abs as an indoor warm up for this run while I was waiting for the sun to come up a bit more. 
5.27 Miles, early in the morning, easy, but faster than I expected. Avg pace 12:57/mile
From today, I learned: This run felt really good.  Turn the legs over!

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile
Wednesday actual: 1 Mile before flying home.
From today, I learned: Get up and get it done.  Also, I have lost an important pair of shoes.

Thursday Planned: 4 miles easy, weights
Thursday actual: 3.30 miles in Ault Park.  No weights.
From today, I learned: I went fast on the down hill.  That was super fun.  In the rain, focus on 'pounding the ground' to get good footing.

Friday Planned: 1 Miles
Friday actual: 2.04 miles, easy.
From today, I learned: This is definitely a 'get up and get it done' kind of day.  I had a wicked busy day after this.

Saturday Planned: 3 miles - this has to be in Ault Park, right?
Saturday actual: 3.31 miles.  In Ault Park.
From today, I learned: This was a fun run, focus on cadence down the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment