29.12.18

2018 Year of Running

Thanks to Eat Pray Run DC and a few others for the prompts. 
Best race experience: Loony Challenge was probably the best overall experience.  It's 3 races in 2 days.  The races went well and I had a blast.
Best run: Day 2,000 of the running streak, in CDMX.  I ran 2K at altitude and Olive was there to celebrate with me.
Best new piece of running gear: For Black Friday, I got myself a pair of Xero Prio shoes that I'm falling in love with, and will love much more once the Minnesota snow and ice crust is gone.  Also, I am legit surprised at how much I love my Flip Belt.
Best running advice you’ve received this year: I just recently started working with a coach.  Go slow on slow days.
Most inspirational runner: Des Linden in Boston, with a side of Camille Herron setting the 24 hour track record while eating tacos and beer.
Favorite picture from a run or race this year:
This is my favorite picture that I took during a run this year:
This is my favorite race day picture:
Race experience you would repeat in a heartbeat:  Well, the real answer is Avondale 5K which I did not run this year due to scheduling and travel conflicts.  The races I did this year were VDay 5K, Loony races, and Cupcake Trot. For 2019, I am repeating VDay 5K, and then we'll see about TC 5K or TC 10K. 
If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be: Up and down with nutrition. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment