27.12.18

Long Run Sunday: Don't Worry, there aren't any hills

Plan: Run easy, 8 miles or so.
Actual Mileage:  7.87 miles.  I thought it was such a healthy thing that I didn't try to run in circles to get the last 0.13 miles in, either.
Route: This is the "I think it's pretty flat" route that Mom suggested long ago.  True story: it's not flat.  At all.  I head up Erie to Madison Road, then turn on Grandin Road, to Edwards road, back to Erie Ave and then home.
Weather: 29* when I started.  Not much warmer when I finished.  Wind was minimal.  It was super humid. 
Wardrobe: Compression socks, Brooks running pants, short sleeve shirt, sweat shirt, buff on my head, and Merrel shoes.
Execution: I didn't set heart rate alarms, but I did well keeping things under control.  I was thinking it was going to be rough when my heart rate got to 130 in the warm up, but it turned out fine.  I walked up one of the hills on Edwards and a small bit on Erie just before Paxton to keep my heart rate under control
Nutrition: I ran fasted.  I had goetta when I got back though!
From today, I learned: It's okay to walk up the hills sometimes.  It's fun as hell to run down them.
Bonus: We've driven by this house from the side a couple times. But for this run, I totally went down the sidestreet and took pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment