28.12.18

Quality Miles Monday

Plan: Similar to my last hill workout.  Warm up, 8x1:00 up the hill, with recovery down the hill; Cool Down
 Actual Mileage: 5.10 miles, though my watch say 4.96.  I had a user error in my first recovery rep.  Sigh.
Route: I warmed up on some side streets by my parents house.  The 'hill' was up the steep part of Tarpis Ave (by the funny looking house) and then the recovery was down around Erie past the police station to my starting corner.  The cool down was straight back down Erie to Mom and Dad's.
Weather: 40* and 10mph winds.  It felt like the wind was in my face the whole time except the cool down.
 Wardrobe: Yo, I wore my Christmas shirt!
Execution: This was hard mentally and physically.  After rep 1 I was all "what the hell was I thinking picking this hill?" with tones of "no way can I do this eight times".  I just kept thinking, well, try this next rep and see how it goes.  I focused on staying 'loose' up the hill, and not hunching over at the top of the hill, which was a thing my body really wanted to do for some reason.
Nutrition: I had a big breakfast around 9am and this run was around 1pm.
From today, I learned: Stay relaxed up the hill.  Swing my arms up the steep hill to increase my leg turn over.  (Relax and swing your arms.)
Bonus: I got to run down the hill by the police station 8 times, so I'm all "that part was great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment