11.12.18

Monday: Hill Repeats

Plan: 2-ish miles warm up, 8x1:00 up will with downhill recoveries, 1-2 miles 'cool down'
Actual Mileage: 5.31 miles total.

Route: This is one of my downtown routes.  The 'hill' is a path from the Cedar Lake Trail up to Kenwood Parkway and the pedestrian bridge along 394.  It is 'up' but I didn't hate my life.
Weather: 25*.  Brief moments of sunshine.  Some wind.


Wardrobe: wool socks; lined tights; long sleeve shirt; sweat shirt; hat; gloves; Altra trail shoes. While the trails are mostly clear, there are still some issues.
Execution: Warm up, run along Cedar Lake trail until I'm under 394, then start the 8 repeats.  I had a little trouble gauging my effort.  I kept finding myself 'racing myself' up the hill if you will, trying to get farther than I had been on the last rep.
From today, I learned:  Swing my arms. Swing, swing, swing.  It was like literally pulling myself up the hill. Also, focus on effort over speed. 

Bonus:  I had a dream last night.  I made the workout program and synced my watch (happened in real life too).  Then I started the workout.  I only ran up the hill once, and then forgot to do the rest of the repeats and didn't remember until after the cool down.  What is wrong with me?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment