29.5.21

Frontenac State Park

This summer we are engaging in L and L's excellent adventure.

Dungeon Master's work is doing a wellness challenge.  If you visit a certain number of state parks, you are entered in a drawing for lots of goodies at the end of the summer.  So she's doing the thing with state parks and I get to come along for the fun.


We picked Frontenac to start because it's one that does not require overnight planning.  I'd been here once before (with my favorite nun in tow, that's a story all it's own) but I didn't remember much.  Dungeon Master talked to the rangers and identified a route for us.  All in all we walked about three miles, up and down hills, through prairies and forests, and saw all kinds of overlooks.  I identified half the plants in the park (not) and re-learned that blood root is bad for you.  (I learned this via google.) 

After the park we headed in to Red Wing to see the big boot and grab some food.  The boot was fun, as always.  The food was meh but the server was super sweet, so it was ultimately a nice time. We also went up to Memorial Park (the big look out) in Red Wing.

In a surprise move, when I got home, I went out and got all of the plants.  I went big on perennials this year, with only one small flat of begonias.  I also went big on herbs, and re-potted my shishito peppers.


No comments:

Post a Comment