20.5.21

Cincinnati Day 12 - May 16

This may have accidentally been my most favorite day of the trip so far.

Morning: Ok, this wasn't my favorite part because I woke up with a RAGING headache.  (Thanks hormones.)  I had coffee, ibuprofen, and a second sleep. During Second Sleep, I dreamed of teaching college level social work classes and doing assessments.  (Why can people say and do the same things but present a different clinical picture?)

Late morning: Dad was ready to install what I am calling "Mom's compost bin".  Other people are also going to compost, but this has been Mom's dream since 2008 when they moved here. We dug a trench, put the bin in place, but some "brown" in it, and I sweated up a storm.  When that was all said and done...


Running: I went for a 'long' run.  I meant to do a 10K for 'garmin challenge" reasons.  I stopped at 4.9 miles.  But for the first time in a few days, I did not poop my pants while running so I'm calling it a win.  (My life is what it is.)

Afternoon: We went down to see many many of my favorite people in Kentucky.  It was just the perfect afternoon of hanging out with Mom and Dad, cousins, kids, and Aunt Bonus Mom.  (That should be her blog name right?)  We had grilled meats and fishes for supper.  Mom tried Salmon skin for the first time.  It's not an acquired taste as much as an acquired psychology to try it in the first place I think.  We played many card games including Euchre.  There was also Harry Potter trivia.   I am the MASTER at Harry Potter trivia. 



Evening: Dad and I hung out on the couch and did crosswords and sometimes talked about life.  Mom got frustrated at something and was all "I'm just going to do this myself, this is ridiculous" which was hilarious.  (She volunteers with a national organization that apparently doesn't understand what the NASW wants before they grant social work CEUs.) 

I have one day left.  This trip was planned to involve more remote work and much less playing.  Work politics dictated I take off all but one day instead.  And yo, I can say for real now, two weeks off is more than twice as good as one week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment