20.5.21

Cincinnati Day 13 - May 17: Reality starts to sink in

Morning: well, it rained all night and it was raining in the morning too. I woke up and had coffee and did crosswords with Dad. Around 10:30, I headed over to Skyline.  One last feast?   After 'brunch' I finished reading the book I'd gotten Dad and I for Father's Day, so I could leave it here for him.  And then, yo, I napped hard.

Afternoon: We took a family trip to the compost bin.  Which I remain super happy for because it means Mom will walk every day or almost every day.  To compost her food waste.


Run: I had a 4 mile run today. It was stupid humid, but at least I didn't get rained on.

The big event: I taught a dear friend who thinks she's anti-technology (but is really a late adopter) how to turn on her iPad.  Then I discovered the whole damn world was wrong when they told her how easy it'd be.  Because yo, she doesn't have an email address or an Apple ID. It takes a minute and technical knowledge to set that shit up.  But, yo, we got it done.  And as a thank you, she showed me where some of the very very few living cicadas are that have emerged already.  I took pictures.


Evening: I did laundry and pretended I don't have to go somewhere else tomorrow.  I've been here almost long enough to think I belong here.  That was the longest vacation I've had probably since moving to Minnesota. (Not including the moments of not working and looking for work.) It was kind of amazing.  Anyone else who gets the chance to take two weeks off, I highly recommend you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment