30.6.19

TC 10K - 15 Weeks to Go

 Sunday planned: Run 1 Mile Long run 6 miles total, 4 miles easy then 6x 1min at 10:00/mile pace, 2mins rest.  Cool down.  Long run moved from yesterday.
Sunday actual: Long run completed
From today, I learned: Pump my arms and focus on cadence to run fast.

Monday planned: Quality Monday: 1/2 mile repeats
Monday actual: 4 miles easy.  My coach took mercy on me and swapped Monday and Wednesday workouts.
From today, I learned: It was a pretty day down by the river.  Running up hills does still make my heart rate go up!

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles; Tuesday Weights
Tuesday actual: 1.22 miles in the morning.  Weights in the afternoon.
From today, I learned: It's going to be hot this week!

Wednesday planned: 4 miles, easy
Wednesday actual: Quality workout from Monday, changed by my coach after I changed long run days.
From today, I learned: I had a hard time turning my feet over running up hill, so that's an area for practice.

Thursday planned: 4 miles, easy
Thursday actual: 4.23 miles, easy, in the morning. 13:32/mile. 
From today, I learned: I did not get stopped by a train but this is the closest I've been.  There was a train coming slowly but the gates were not down when I started proceeding through the intersection.  They were coming down though as I was getting to the other side.

Friday planned: 3 miles, easy
Friday actual: 3.15 miles, easy in the heat.  13:39/mile for the running portion.
From today, I learned: It took me several tries to get out of bed this morning.  It would've been cooler if I'd gone earlier.

Saturday planned: 7 miles, easy
Saturday actual: 6.9 miles, not easy but not super hard either, at Baker Park Reserve.
From today, I learned: I never got into this run.  I was having a busy brain about other things, but I tried to enjoy the scenery as much as I could.  I think I saw more people today than I have seen on all of my other runs combined here.

No comments:

Post a Comment