23.6.19

TC 10K - 16 Weeks To Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: 1.19 miles, and I think my GPS got a little lost on this one
From today, I learned: I was running to escape my mental health today.  My smoke detector keeps chirping.  I am trying to make peace with it, but first I set off ALL of the smoke detectors in the house.

Monday planned: Hill repeats. I haven't done these in a while.
Monday actual: Hill repeats accomplished.  I may need a better (longer) hill.
From today, I learned: Swing the arms, turn the feet over, pick up the knees.  And breathe!

Tuesday planned: 3 miles easy; Tuesday Weights
Tuesday actual: 3.25 miles easy, running at a 12:49/mile pace (and you know I had to check that to make sure)
Tuesday weights: Also accomplished.  I went all the way to Midtown Y.  It was kind of a wild day.
From today, I learned: I'm just going to check that running pace again!

Wednesday planned: 4 miles easy
Wednesday actual: 4.63 miles, down along the river.  My heart rate was higher and I was slower than yesterday. But it's hillier too.
From today, I learned: I checked out the 'lower' trails by the river and they are no longer underwater.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles; Thursday Weights
Thursday actual: 1.26 miles run in the morning.  Mom and Dad are here and slept super late for them, so I got this done whilst they slumbered.
Weights: I did not go down to the gym.  Mom and I thought we'd try a Zumba class but that wound up being something of a strength workout.
From today, I learned: The class was super fun. 

Friday planned: 3 miles easy
Friday actual: 3.24 miles, easy, in the morning.
From today, I learned: Get up and get it done.  I saw my blue heron friend again.

Saturday planned: Long run: 6 miles total, 4 miles easy then 6x 1min at 10:00/mile pace, 2mins rest.  Cool down.
Saturday actual: 1.22 miles easy in the morning.  Yesterday was my birthday.
From today, I learned: Sometimes it's okay to move the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment