9.6.19

TC 10K - 18 Weeks to Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 mile
Sunday actual: Run 1.22 miles in the hot hot afternoon sun.
From today, I learned: I learned a new neighborhood route.  I guess if I got hot enough and could protect my electronics, a splash pad can be involved.  Though the true learning on this day was how to reset a thermostat.

Monday planned: 3 miles easy.
Monday actual: 3.7 miles, nice and easy.
From today, I learned: I have not yet been stopped by a train.  But I know the day is coming.  How do I find the Canadian Pacific rail schedules for this crossing please?

Tuesday planned: Run 1 mile, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.24 miles in the morning on my new 'neighborhood route'.  I did not use the splash pad. I also did not do weights.
From today, I learned: I did not plan ahead to do weights.  And my mental health is significantly poorer than normal, so we're just gonna let some stuff go here.

Wednesday planned: Easy 4 miles.
Wednesday actual: 4.62 miles along the creek and the river.  I did not get stopped by a train.
From today, I learned: I like this route when I go south bound first, and then northbound along the river.  Also, today instead of running back on the main street, I went down a block and ran 'back' on a side street and that was a significant improvement in environmental quality.  (Also, happy International Running Day!)

Thursday planned: 3 miles easy.  Thursday weights.
Thursday actual: 3.75 miles, easy, in the morning. Thursday weights did happen in the afternoon. 
From today, I learned: From the run: Plan to get stopped by a train.  (Apparently this is part of my life now.)  From weights: Weights happen when I plan ahead and commit.  So plan ahead and pack the gym bag!

Friday planned: 3 miles easy
Friday actual: 3.3 miles by the golf course and the creek.
From today, I learned: Shade is powerful.  It was super hot for me (above 70* when I walked out the door), so I picked the shadiest route I could find. It really helped.  For anyone who thinks 70* isn't that bad I'll do me, you do you

Saturday planned: 5 miles.  3 miles easy.  4th mile is 5x30 seconds at 10:00/mile pace.  5th miles is easy.
Saturday actual: 5.25 miles. 30 seconds at 9:46/mile, 10:14/mile, 9:42/mile, 9:38/mile, 10:06/mile.  Supposedly.  According to my Garmin. It was a fun run. I went farther along Victory Memorial than I'd been in a while (though I have run there before)
From today, I learned: Get up early when it's hot out.  I think I could've done another round or two, but it was really getting hot out for me for running. I didn't look at the pace on my Garmin, I just ran hard for a little while to see what it felt like!

No comments:

Post a Comment