17.6.19

TC 10K - 17 Weeks To Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: 1.24 miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: There is a reason I don't run in these shorts. This was a good day to get up early and get it done.  This was actually the warmest part of the day.
Monday planned: Quality Miles Monday: 1:00 on, 1:00 off X 20
Monday actual: Quality miles accomplished.  At the crack of dawn. 
From today, I learned: This was a fun workout, and more fun because it was significantly cooler than last week.
Tuesday planned: Tuesday weights; Run 3 miles easy
Tuesday actual: 3 miles, easy, completed in the morning. 13:52/mile at 138BPM for the running part.  It rained on me. 
Weights:  I am getting back into weights.  I did more 'warm up' reps, and still at a pretty low weight on the bar for the working sets.  But I'm doing the thing.
From today, I learned: Running: I like the part of the trail that's in the woods.
Weights: I planned ahead well, and did the work.  Planning ahead and committing to the gym has been an important step each day.

Wednesday planned: Run 4 miles easy
Wednesday actual: 4.32 miles, 13:26/mile and 136BPM.  Stretched when I got home which was also nice.  Later I tried to sprain my ankle on the stairs but I think I'm okay.
From today, I learned: I got diverted by a train on this run.  I could see the front of the train just starting to cross the tracks and I was all "nope".  So I went another way that also worked, but turns out it's a lot shorter than I'd expected.

Thursday planned: Thursday Weights, Run 1 miles
Thursday actual: No weights.  1 miles outside in the sun.  Trying to prevent or mitigate a panic attack.  Also, I forgot to turn off my watch at the end of the run.
From today, I learned: Running cannot stop panic attacks.  But it does help.


Friday planned: Run 3 miles easy
Friday actual: 3 miles total.  I was reeling from biological issues and mental health issues. My heart rate was nuts.  But I found a pretty new lake and watched a Blue Herron have breakfast. And I walked a lot.
From today, I learned: I found a new lake.  I listened to my body.  Both those things were good.


Saturday planned: Long Quality Run (3 miles easy, 2:00 hard, 1:00 easy x 10, cool  down) for around 6 miles
Saturday actual: Long run accomplished.
From today, I learned: I think I could've gone a little easier on this run.  Apparently my speeds are "slow and easy" or "go hard" and I have no middle gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment