25.6.19

Hanging with the family: New House Edition

Mom and Dad came up to celebrate my birthday and enjoy their own bedroom and bathroom at my new digs.  As I may have mentioned, my mental health's been a bit of a wreck since about February.  It's coming back, but I was nervous for their trip.  Here's how it went down.
Wednesday
Exercise: Done before they came. 
Activities: Mom and Dad arrive on Wednesday evening,  Mom sneezes the moment she walks in the door.  I showed them around the place including the back yard.  Mom immediately starts planning my new garden.
Mental health: One of my biggest fears is that they'd walk in and start sneezing becuase the old owners had dogs.  It wasn't quite as bad as I'd expected.

Thursday
Exercise: I went out for a run in the morning.  Then Mom and I tried to hit up a Zumba class at North Market.  It turned out to be a weight lifting class but we stayed.
Activities: Mom and Dad and I went on a walk.  Mom spent more time planning my garden.  I talked to Captain Smiley about how to finesse the garden situation with the condo association.
We took Mom and Dad to the Ramen restaurant and then I took Mom and Dad on 'the tour of homes I didn't buy'.
Mental health: Mom and Dad were asleep when I woke up.  I had a panic attack something had happened to them.  Because they never sleep that late!


Friday
Exercise: 3.24 miles in the morning, nice and easy.
Activities: Part 1 - Shopping: Whoa man.  There was all of the shopping.  We hit up the Party Store for Rainbow supplies  We hit up the dollar store because I'm cheap.  We went to Costco.  We went to Lowe's for plants for Mom and me.
Part 2 - Gardening with Mom.  That was pretty much everything I wanted for my birthday.  She helped me take up all the dead plants, weed, dead head some plants that were alive but needed help, and plant a new cone flower, lilies and marigolds.  I picked out the Marigolds. We tried to find bar stools but were unsuccessful.
Part 3 - Yo, I had a birthday party.  There were all of the people there.  It was a blast.  Someone even came to talk to my dad about golf!
Mental health: Mom and Dad kept trying to convince me to buy more wine glasses.  I had a moment in the Dollar Store where I reclaimed my mental health.  And then I made all my friends drink wine out of recyclable dixie cups.  And we're still cool!


Saturday
Exercise: Obviously I slept in late and then ran my mile. Mom and I went to Zumba.  B did a birthday song for me!
Activities: I took Mom and Dad to Coon Rapids Dam.  We walked around in between rain drops.  Then we went to an Indian Restaurant for a buffet lunch.  It's possible I gained 10lbs just remembering that lunch.
In the evening we headed over to Captain Smiley's for a grill out with some of this friends. I took care of his tomato plant while I was there.
Mental health: Maybe not that bad?


Sunday
Exercise: I did my long run for the week.  That got moved from Saturday.
Activities: Dad wanted to see Victory Memorial Parkway and look at the trees. 
I also planted my herb garden with help from Mom.  I've never seen anyone so excited about pots. 
Mental health: Getting better every day?
Monday
Exercise: 4 miles in the morning before the house woke up.
Activities: We tried to see the river, but failed due to rain.  We did see the nature center that was part of the whole "don't you want to go live in that pretty neighborhood with Captain Smiley" adventure.
Ikea: I spent under $300 there, but walked away with a lot of stuff.  A lot of it picked out by Mom. Obviously "assembling Ikea furniture" followed.  Mom learned lots of bad words during assembly of the first Poang chair.  The second one was a breeze.
Birthday: It's my Pooky Bear's birthday so she came over with Pooky Baby.  Captain Smiley and Dungeon Master also stopped by to wish Pooky a happy birthday and stayed for Cheesecake provided by Qat Lady.
Mental health: I am now sad to see Mom and Dad go.

Tuesday
Exercise: Actually waited until after...
Activities: Mom and Dad got on the road shortly after 8am.  I did not ask how backed up the tunnel was.  I don't want to know.
Mental health: I am sad to see Mom and Dad go.  Sigh.  I miss them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment