29.6.19

Quality Miles Wednesday

Plan: Warm up, half mile at 10:15/mile, quarter mile recovery X4, cool down.
Actual Mileage: 5.53 miles.

Route: Creek/River.  Instead of coming back at 53rd, I went up to 57th to make the mileage work.
Weather: OMG, it's so hot out.  It was in the 60s and humid and a high of 85 later today.

Execution: Warm up: 1.1 miles.  I did not get stopped by a train.  It was a close thing.
1.  10:21/mile.  This one felt the easiest and I guess it was.
2. 10:17/mile, at least I'm not running up hill.
3. 10:15/mile.  I am not liking this hill.
4. 10:13/mile.  I really don't like this hill at all.
Cool down: 1.42 miles with the last half mile or so being mostly walking.


From today, I learned: Not gonna lie.  I had delusions of grandeur while I was running, thinking I was hitting a 10:00/mile or faster.  Oh well.  I did hit the paces my coach wanted.
Starting the next rep going up a hill was really hard.  I just could not get my feet to turn over.  (I felt all those weights I lifted yesterday).
Bonus: It's going to be so hot this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment