7.6.19

Conversations from recent life

Conversation 1:
Background: I need to replace the screen in my patio screen door.
Me: I am intimidated by taking the screen door off the track.  But replacing the screen seems like an art project. I watched a YouTube video.
Olive (who has helped me install a dishwasher and a ceiling fan and taught me to repair my walls): I can totally take the screen door off the track, but I just take mine to Ace to replace the screen.
Me (in my head): ::I cannot believe there is part of a home improvement project where I am more confident than Olive.  I must be out of my mind::
Update:
I'm trying to take a picture of Gratitude because Olive says a picture is worth 1,000 words.  So if you have a picture of Gratitude, please send it my way!

Conversation 2:
Background: I'm catching up with Old Boss (whom I adore) and telling her about what's going on in my life.
Me: I am a bundle of nerves and anxiety.
Old Boss: About what?
Me: It doesn't matter.  Anxious is my baseline state.  I can be worry about a cup of coffee.  I'm nervous about what's going on right now.
Old Boss: I've missed you.  You are my people.

Conversation 3:
Background: Olive is re-caulking things for me and Captain Smiley is helping me install new toilet seats on every toilet in my house (3 total)
Me: My goal in life is to be a good enough person that when I need help my friends come to caulk my bathroom and help me change the toilet seats.
Olive and Captain Smiley:  ::Smiles and nods::
(I actually helped Captain Smiley change all of his toilet seats on his 3 toilets when he moved, so this is fair play.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment