16.6.19

Long Run Saturday

Plan: 'Warm up' at least 3 miles; 10X 2:00 at moderately hard pace, 1:00 recover; Cool down
Actual Mileage: 6.7 miles
Route: Victory Memorial Parkway and I found my way to Crystal Lake In Robbinsdale.  I mostly did things right, but I think I didn't take 100% the "right" way around the lake.
Weather: Raining when I started.  60's and super humid when I finished. 
Wardrobe: Top: InkNBurn tank; Bottoms: Nike shorts; Shoes: Xero Prios (this wardrobe section is so short in the summer)

Execution: I wanted to throw my Garmin out the window.  It works sometimes, and then, sometimes I can't send new workouts to the watch. And the only way to cure that is to factory reset the watch.  Factory resetting the watch is a PITA.  Anyways...
1. 10:22/mile
2. 10:01/mile (oops)
3. 10:51/mile (this is more correct)
4. 12:12/mile (ask me about the hill I ran up)
5. 10:40/mile
6. 10:04/mile
7. 9:57/mile (I think I was trying to avoid a dog, I can't remember)
8. 10:11/mile
9. 10:18/mile
10. 10:16/mile
From today, I learned: I think I did this workout a little too hard.  It should've been 'surges' and I was probably running a bit harder than that.
Bonus: Found a new lake today.  So that was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment