15.2.07

I'm ignoring everyone in the room right now

and instead, I'm writing a blog post for you.

From 3X Thursday:
1. How do you get your news? Internet? TV? Newspaper? Which is your favorite source? Why?
Internet. I love RSS feeds. I think we've talked about this before. I get feeds from the news stations in town, and Time Magazine (which are usually pretty boring), also from a bunch of blogs and Digg, BoingBoing Slashdot and Del.icio.us. One of my new favorites is the Ririan Project.

2. Do you watch TV news at all? Do you find it informational? Why/why not?
I watch TV, I love Studio 60, and tonight I'll try and Watch Men in Trees. I try not to watch the news on TV. They have the news on in the morning at the gym with closed caption. I'm alarmed at all the people who didn't know Anna Nicole Smith talking about her. It's gossip not news. I also try to look away when they have pictures of bombs blowing up in other parts of the world.

3. What do you think of Google and all of it's many applications? Is it 'teh awsome', or do you prefer something else?
I use google for the searches. I got started on Yahoo long long ago. For one thing you can just click on "sign up" with Yahoo instead of having to know someone to invite you into Gmail. That's just rude. I use Yahoo for mail, news, tv listings, and sometimes for the games, although not the games since I started grad school. Every once in a while I try google news, but I think yahoo is still a fuller application. It has better categories like "most popular" and more smaller categories inside broad categories like "fossils" and "space" as part of the Science section. Obviously I have a google account because I'm on blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 AM

    Look again! You can freely sign up for Gmail (and all other services at Google):

    http://www.gmail.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what do ya know? I guess that shows how long it's been since I tried to sign up.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete