1.7.19

Long Run Saturday: Baker Park Reserve

Plan: Run 7 miles easy.
Actual Mileage: 6.9 miles.
Route: The 10K loop at Baker Park Reserve.  I park in the campgrounds or down by the other lake. 
Weather: Y'all, it's soooo hot. It was over 70* when I was done. 70* is literally 70* warmer than most of what I ran in this winter so it might as well be the face of the sun! I am now a black fly and mosquito blood donor as well.  Jerks. 
Execution: I didn't look at my heart rate for this run.  I just kind of ran. I also did not lap out my warm up or cool down.  So, in total, I ran a 13:50/mile pace with an average HR of 149.  For a super hilly route on a hot day, I'll take it.
Nutrition: Well, I didn't eat anything before I headed out.  I'd packed myself a breakfast so I could sit at the lake and chill out for a while after running.  And then I left breakfast on my counter.  Sigh.
From today, I learned: Prepare for black flies.  They are the devil!  Really from a running perspective, this was a solid workout.  I had a lot of unrelated stuff going on in my head so it didn't feel like the best workout in the world.
Bonus: I got a donut for breakfast since I forgot my actual breakfast at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment