8.7.19

Long Run Saturday: Back at Rush Creek

Plan: Run at least 6 miles, make mile 4 around 10:00/mile
Actual Mileage: 6.21 miles
Route: Rush Creek Trail from Coon Rapids Dam.  It's been a while since I've been here and I'm glad to be back.
Weather: 70* and balmy.  I was dripping sweat.
Execution:
Warm up and run easy for 3.1 miles
Mile 4 was at 10:07/mile, or 10:06 if you look at Strava, or 10:00/mile if you look at my 'moving time' which I don't even understand.
Rest of the miles: went back to easy, and then after mile 6, walking cool down.
From today, I learned: I went into the hard mile trying to stay relaxed.  Trying not to go nuts on my pace, like I normally do when I start out a hard lap.  It mostly worked, but I was slightly bummed that I was a couple seconds off the pace too.  Sigh.
Bonus: I had a donut after the run and now I'm home watching the first stage of Tour de France.  After that, I'm switching over to Wimbledon.

No comments:

Post a Comment