7.7.19

TC 10K - 14 Weeks To Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 Miles
Sunday actual: 1.2 miles in the morning.  Bonus walk with Dungeon Master in the afternoon.
From today, I learned: I literally waited until after the storm.

Monday planned: Quality Miles Monday
Monday actual: Quality workout was done on the treadmill.  Treadmill felt like it was in a rain forest on the face of the sun.
From today, I learned: Tuck in my elbows when I'm running.

Tuesday planned: Run 4 Miles easy, Tuesday Weights
Tuesday actual: 3.77 miles.  It was so hot. I saw a fox, a blue heron, and all of the dead frogs.
Tuesday weights also accomplished
From today, I learned: I need to keep lifting light so my form stays good.

Wednesday planned: Run 4 miles easy
Wednesday actual: 4.14 miles, at the crack of dawn.  (Just wait 'till tomorrow.)
From today, I learned: I had to go the short way becuase of a train.  Also, you know how I sometimes have, um, issues?  Yeah, today was not a great day in that department.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday Weights
Thursday actual: 1.25 miles on the treadmill.  Thursday weights also done
Bonus walk with Olive around a lake in Robbinsdale.
From today, I learned: I went lighter on the weights and that was correct.
As a bonus bonus, I volunteered at Red White and Boom as a course marshal. Volunteering for at least one race is usually one of my goals for the year.

Friday planned: Run 3 miles easy
Friday actual: 3.3 miles in the morning.  In the heat.
From today, I learned: Sometimes an out and back is just the right thing.

Saturday planned: Long run with pick ups
Saturday actual: 6 miles, mile 4 at 10:07/mile (goal was 10:00/mile). 
From today, I learned: Run relaxed, even when trying to run fast.  I decided to not go nuts when the fast mile came, but to try to stay relaxed as I sped up.  I didn't quite hit my target, but I did stay relaxed and didn't want to totally die at the end of the mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment