15.1.19

Quality Miles Monday - Hill Repeats

Plan: Hill Repeats workout is
2 miles (-ish) - warm up
8x 1:00 Up the hill at a hard pace, recover down the hill
2 miles (-ish) cool down
Actual Mileage: 5.17 Miles
Route: From my downtown gym, same route as here.  The 'hill' is a climb from one path to the pedestrian footbridge next to 394, though I never get up onto 394 itself from where I start.
Weather: Don't worry, Weather Channel says it won't rain.  Today was less rain and more "am I wet?" It was like a fine mist, or just 100% humidity in the air made me wet moving through it? 30* or so, winds out of the west, but not too strong. 
Wardrobe:
Shoes: NB Minimus with these super warm 'silver' socks I paid $9 for at Bed Bath and Beyond. Sorry.  Pants: Brooks Running Pants.  Top: Running shirt and a sweat shirt over top.  It was the sweatshirt I wanted on this run.  Buff on my head.
Execution: Strava says I was slower on this route than the last time I ran it.  Sigh.  Maybe that just means I'm better at recovery now?  I felt fine really.  I felt like I had a good effort but not batshit crazy on the up hills, and a good recovery at other times.  Leaving something in the tank for the weights.
Nutrition: Well, no.  Just.  No.  I woke up around 10am, finally got to the gym sometime after 11am, and did this whole workout fasted.
From today, I learned: Workout fasted. And swing my arms up the hill.
Bonus:
Monday abs: Used as my warm up to the running workout.
Monday weights: Done after the workout.
All fasted.
And then I didn't have my Larabar because I'm saving carbs for supper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment