6.1.19

Marshmallow Training - 18 Weeks to Go

Sunday Planned: 11 Miles
Sunday actual: 11 Miles of running inside.  I feel like I'm still going up and down and over and over.
From today, I learned: Patience and relaxation during the run.  I also finished a book I was listening to.

Monday Planned: 2 miles w/u; 15 mins tempo; 2 miles c/d; Monday abs; Monday weights
Monday actual:
Run: Completed as written.  My outside tempo was more like 10:55 than the 10:45 Coach prescribed.  I'm taking it for now.
Monday abs: done
Monday weights: done, very slowly this week for some reason.
From today, I learned: Run the hills by effort, not by pace.

Tuesday Planned: 1 Miles
Tuesday actual: 1.25 miles, inside, on the treadmill.  It is too freaking cold outside.
Bonus spin class with the Dungeon Master.
From today, I learned: I am so hacked off with my Garmin watch.  Workouts weren't syncing properly so I had to re-set the watch.  And now my heart rate zones are ten kinds of screwed up.

Wednesday Planned: Wednesday Weights, 5 easy miles
Wednesday actual: Weights in the morning.  4.63 miles along the river in the afternoon.
From today, I learned: Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.  I first headed over to Medicine Lake because it's been well plowed in the past.  And today?  Oh hell no, the paths were glare ice inside the park, and snow crust along the lake shore.  I was out.  I headed down by the river which has been clear so far and ran there.

Thursday Planned: 1 Miles
Thursday actual: 1 mile outside. 
From today, I learned: I feel like garbage.  Carb flu is real people

Friday Planned: Friday Weight, 4 easy miles
Friday actual: Running: yes, very slowly.  Weights, no.  I just didn't feel up to it.
From today, I learned: Again, Carb flu is real.  But I had a blast out on the trails.  This is the first day in a while I've really run in the 'snow crust' and the footing was great.

Saturday Planned: 3 easy miles
Saturday actual: 3 miles, relatively low heart rate.  Carb flu is getting better but my endurance hasn't rebounded yet.  The weather was great today.  Nokomis isn't in quite as good shape as the river is, but it was okay footing and there were tons of people out.
From today, I learned: I'm trying to look at these super slow frustrating slogs as an opportunity to be grateful for what my body can do, and celebrate being able to run, instead of "WTF?!? What am I so slow?!?  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment