20.1.19

Marshmallow Training - 16 Weeks To Go

Sunday Planned: 10 Mile run (long run)
Sunday actual: 4.47 Miles easy around Lake Nokomis.
Bonus Foam Rolling video in the evening. I didn't like this one as well.  Though I think if I did it in the morning as I was starting the day, I might like it better. 
From today, I learned: Sometimes I run because my body feels good, sometimes I run to make my body feel good, and sometimes I run to help my heart feel better

Monday Planned: Hill Repeats, Monday Abs, Monday Weights
Monday actual: Hill repeats done.  I wonder how long it's going to take me to get sick of this workout. Abs done as the warm up to running.  Weights done afterwards.
From today, I learned: Swing your arms on the hill.  Abs were actually a really good warm up for this workout.

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 Mile
Tuesday actual: 1.21 miles in the afternoon. Bonus yoga video before bed.
From today, I learned: There is still ice all over the neighborhood.

Wednesday Planned: Easy 5 Miles, Wednesday Weights
Wednesday actual:
5 Miles, inside on the track.  I am surprised to report I had a pleasant experience on the track.  (Normally there's always something aggravating like people lifting weights in the high speed lane and it gets worse in the winter.)
Weights: Done, slowly.  And now my wrist is all "uh, excuse me?  WTF?" 
From today, I learned: Definitely did not learn what I did to my wrist.  I'm still slooow but my heart rate is getting back to being manageable so that's progress.

Note here: Wednesday night I got so sick I thought I was going to die.  A friend diagnosed me with a GI bug, because of the type and severity of my symptoms.   So the rest of the week turned into "don't die".  By Thursday morning the violent symptoms had stopped and I could hold down water, but even water still gave me stomach cramps.  Friday I introduced soups and teas.  Saturday I tried for more solid foods, and went perhaps too fast on that.  Bananas are great though!

Thursday Planned: Run 1 Mile
Thursday actual: 1.05 miles.
From today, I learned: This may be the hardest run of the streak.  I was Sooooooo sick Wednesday night.  My heart rate for this run, which was about a 16:00/mile, was in the 160s.

Friday Planned: Easy 4 Miles, Friday Weights
Friday actual: 1.05 miles, again.
From today, I learned: Feeling much better compared to yesterday, but still not back to normal.

Saturday Planned: Easy 3 Miles
Saturday actual: Run 7 laps, walk 5 laps for a total of moving two miles.
From today, I learned: I am not better yet. I need to stick to the BRAT diet for another day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment