10.1.19

Quality Miles Monday Wednesday!

Plan: Tempo run
  • Warm up
  • 5:00 at 11:00/mile; 2:00 rest
  • 4:00 at 10:45/mile; 2:00 rest
  • 3:00 at 10:30/mile: 2:00 rest
  • 2:00 at 10:15/mile; 2:00 rest
  • 1:00 at 10:15/mile; 2:00 rest
  • Cool down
Actual Mileage: 3.65 miles on the treadmill
Route: I wish.  This was done on the end treadmill at the downtown gym.
Weather: It's freezing too cold outside so I did this on the treadmill.  This actually happened today becuase Monday was a running outside day.  The workout is better suited to a treadmill and today's weather had treadmill written all over it.
Wardrobe: Hee hee.  I was inside.  Shorts, short sleeve shirt, Xero shoes
Execution: On the treadmill, the speeds were very close to what coach prescribed.  It wound up being like 10:54/mile, 10:42/mile; 10:31/mile; 10:20/mile and then the last set I did at 10:00/mile, though I wish I hadn't done it that fast.
'Rest' was at 14:38/mile.
Warm up was partially walking and then light jogging.  Cool down was all walking.
Nutrition: This was fasted.
From today, I learned: I took careful counts of the treadmills. This gym doesn't have a track, treadmills only, so my fear is they will all be full.  This morning there were 2-3 other people using the treadmills when I started and only 1 by the time I was done with the weights workout.  So, note to my future self: Go in the morning and quit freaking out.  Everything will be fine.
Bonus: I did Wednesday weights after this workout.  It took a long time for my heart rate to cool off after the tempo.  Wowsers.

No comments:

Post a Comment