12.1.19

Saturday Random

So, Hungry Runner Girl is one of my favorite blogs to read.  It's light and fluffy, and she's not mean to people, or to herself, so I consider it a great use of my time.  She asks questions at the end of every post.  Every so often, they look fun to answer.

Do you notice a difference in your moods based on the seasons?  
The seasons impact running, so yeah, in that way.  I've always attributed this to "it's too dark, too cold, too icy to be running outside at 5am" in the winter.  All the sunshine in the summer (when we get it) is pretty great.

Most stressful test that you have ever studied for?
My first licensing test for my profession.  True story: You take the test on a computer (in one of those centers where 10 people can be taking 10 different exams).  The way things were described to me, once I submitted the test the proctor would be able to tell me if I passed or not.  So, I'm literally shaking, hit submit and answer a few survey questions.  And then my score pops up on the screen.  I shrieked out loud a little bit.

Do you STICK to the running shoe that you love or do you experiment and branch out often with what shoes you wear for the run? 
I definitely experiment.  Current favorites include the Xero Prio shoes which are great minimalist shoes but lousy for traction right now, and Altra Superiors which are super sticky and have great traction right now. 

Who has a January birthday? Not me.  Sigh.

January races?  None of those either.  Starting to gear up for a spring race.

No comments:

Post a Comment