29.1.19

Marshmallow Training - 15 Weeks To Go

This should really be called week one of recovering from the death plague GI bug that I had. 

Sunday Planned: Plan in my head was to run 9-12 laps, and walk the rest for a total of 18 laps (3 miles).
Sunday actual: Walk 1 lap with Dungeon Master, run 12 laps and I felt better as I went, Walk the last 5 with Dungeon Master.
From today, I learned: Little by little.  Today, I had an egg.

Monday Planned: Try to run more?
Monday actual: Run 2.5 miles on the track.  The track is crowded and I hate everyone.  20 minutes on the elliptical to finish. 
From today, I learned: Time on my feet is okay; it's just the heart rate/endurance that haven't come back yet.

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 Miles
Tuesday actual: 1.25 miles outside, after the snow had fallen, but there wasn't much of it.
From today, I learned: I am legit starting to feel better. This is a good thing.

Wednesday Planned: 5 Miles easy
Wednesday actual: 5.41 miles, easy, having fun exploring. I hit up the Coon Rapids Dam Park, CR side.  I was planning on the Rush Creek trail but it appeared significantly under plowed, so this became plan B.
From today, I learned: I am very excited to see more of this park in the summer when I can find all the trails.

Thursday Planned: 1 Mile easy
Thursday actual: 1.25 miles running up and down the road before flying out
From today, I learned: I actually dressed a bit too warm.

Friday Planned: Easy run, no speed
Friday actual: 5.5 Miles at Lunken Airport
From today, I learned: Part of the trail is under water.  The next day, I learned how to run on the golf course to get around the water hazard. (Irony?)

Saturday Planned: Long run of 10-13 miles
Saturday actual: 11.5 miles, at Lunken again.
From today, I learned: This involved a lot of going back and forth on long stretches of the trail.  But it went better than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment