13.1.19

Marshmallow Training - 17 Weeks To Go

Sunday Planned: 12 Miles Long Run.
Sunday actual: 12 Miles around the Mississippi River.
Bonus: Foam rolling video in the evening.   I was super stiff before this video. It hurt but I feel much better.
From today, I learned: I should've dressed warmer.  Wool is always my friend in the winter.

Monday Planned: Tempo workout 6 miles easy; Monday abs; Monday weights
Monday actual: 6.5 miles around Calhoun and Isles.  And I swear I was actually running but I about died when I saw how slow I was going.
Weights - done
Abs - also done, and that was not a thing I was sure would happen.
I swapped today and Wednesday.  The tempo workout will probably be best on a treadmill, and this is one of the last warmer weather days we're going to have here.  I wanted to get out and enjoy it! 
From today, I learned: Apparently I can 'run' slower than I thought.  I was feeling better too, like my heart rate was calming down a bit after the dietary switch, until I saw my pace.

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 Mile
Tuesday actual: 1.25 miles. Inside on the treadmill.  Because the winds outside are like 30mph.  No joke.  I also purposefully stretched after the run.  It felt so good.
From today, I learned: Stretching felt great!

Wednesday Planned: 6 miles easy, Tempo Run, Wednesday weights
Wednesday actual:
Tempo run: Completed, and it wore me out
Wednesday weights: Done slowly, after the tempo run
From today, I learned: I did not need to boost that last rep on the tempo run any higher than it was written.

Thursday Planned: Run 1 mile
Thursday actual: 1.25 miles up and down the streets.  Bonus foam rolling in the evening.  I do feel relaxed like I just had a massage. 
From today, I learned: Avoid the ice.  Altras are best in crap weather.

Friday Planned: 4 miles easy, Friday weights
Friday actual:
Run: 4 Miles on the treadmill, mostly easy, listening to a book
Weights: Also done.
Bonus Foam Rolling Video that's not the one I did before. I may have to give this one another try to see if I like it.  It's a bit of a departure from a traditional foam rolling instructional video. There's a lot of yoga in here too.  
From today, I learned: I did this in the morning on the treadmill versus waiting for later to go outside becuase it's better for me to run in the morning.  But it was a nice day outside.

Saturday Planned: 4 miles easy
Saturday actual: 1.2 miles, with a crazy high heart rate
From today, I learned: Sometimes, just a little bit of movement is all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment