3.1.19

Quality Miles Monday: Tempo Run

Plan: 2 miles w/u; 15:00 at approximately 10:45/mile pace, 2-ish miles c/d
Actual Mileage: 5.58 miles.
Route: The Ford/Lake Street loop along the river.  Because it's one of the places in the city that's reliably clear of ice and snow right now.
Weather: 30* at the start, wind had picked up by the finish.
Wardrobe: New shoes! Compression socks; Asics pants, a short sleeve top, blue running jacket and a buff on my head.  I was glad I had that at the end because wow, the wind!
Execution:
2 miles warm up - nailed it
15:00 of tempo - actually wound up running about 10:55/mile pace.  Given the climbing, crossing streets, and the elevation, I decided I'd take it.   One of the challenges on race day will be pacing myself properly.
2-ish miles cool down - went fine.  I had to reset my watch last night, so the heart rates themselves were right but my heart rate zones were ten kinds of screwed up. 
Nutrition: LOL.  This bullet point is going to become relevant again when I start running super long, I'm sure.
From today, I learned: I should've run the hill by effort versus pace.  I was super tired at the top of it, and running with more effort than I was supposed to be.
Bonus: Monday abs: Done.  Monday weights: also done, though much slower than normal.
I'm still a bit sore on my 'inside' leg from yesterday's run too.

No comments:

Post a Comment