2.9.19

TC 10K - 6 Weeks to Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: Walk a couple miles, run 1, foam roll
From today, I learned: I'm digging the foam roller

Monday planned: Tempo workout
Monday actual: Tempo workout sort of accomplished.  Foam rolling accomplished
From today, I learned: I tried the hard thing and came up a bit short, but I have time to keep trying

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: Run 1.3 miles outside.  Bonus plyos after the run, 2:00 only.
Tuesday weights done.  Bonus Tuesday abs also done. 
From today, I learned: Point 1: My 'oustide' route by the gym is 1.3 miles.  My watch gets lost sometimes.
Point 2: There's only 1 working shower at the downtown gym (for women) until after September 6. That was new information for me today.  Luckily the logistics worked out.
Really, I'm proud of myself for trying to get the 'extras' done like abs and trying plyos.

Wednesday planned: Run 5 miles easy
Wednesday actual: 4.5 miles on Blue Hill trail. (Twice in two weeks!)
From today, I learned: I felt like garbage again today. Belatedly I realized that this run and Monday's crap show could be related to current biological needs.  Sigh.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.17 miles on the Midtwon track.  Thursday weights.
From today, I learned: Point 1 - Downtown womens showers are under construction.  Point 2 - I think it's time to start using the notebook again for weights workouts.

Friday planned: Run 3 miles easy
Friday actual: 3.34 miles in the morning, bonus 'leg day' before the run
From today, I learned: Those leg exercises may or may not be meant to do before a run.  They may not be 'dynamic' enough.

Saturday planned: Long Run
Saturday actual: 8 Miles at Elm Creek.  Bonus 'leg day' workout at the end.
From today, I learned: Something happens on Saturday mornings at Elm Creek.  It's good I got there early.  I said I saw more people today at Elm Creek than all of the other people I have ever seen there, so it was quite a crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment