22.9.19

6 miles in the "it won't rain"

Plan: 6 miles easy
Actual Mileage: 6.7 miles
Route: Over the tracks, along Victory Memorial Parkway and around Crystal Lake
Weather: Weather channel said it wouldn't rain. That was a lie, but it didn't rain a lot.
High Points of the workout: I started going harder and harder at the end.  Just to let myself get used to the feeling of going hard and not panicking.
Struggles of the workout: I was really stiff when I started out.  Super stiff.
From the high points, I learned: Go hard.  It can be fun.
From the struggles, I learned: Perhaps I should, like, do a warm up?  I mean, really, this is one of the things I improved a lot for weight lifting.  I do a much longer warm up now.  Maybe I should think about doing one for running.
Next steps: I'm sure I'll be on YouTube all day thinking about running warm ups.
Bonus: I learned how to use 311 to complain about a train blocking an intersection for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment