23.9.19

TC 10K - 3 Weeks to Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: 1.24 miles.  Bonus 3 miles walk with Dungeon Master. Leg day.
From today, I learned: Just running in the heat in advance of tomorrow.

Monday planned: Quality workout
Monday actual: Quality workout 3x1 mile at race pace with coach. 
From today, I learned: I got to meet my coach in real life!

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles; Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.3 miles on the treadmill.  Tuesday weights done.  Tuesday abs done.
From today, I learned: I did heavy squats with my knees banded today, and that was the correct cue for me.  I think my form was much better.

Wednesday planned: 6 miles easy
Wednesday actual: 4.24 miles in the middle of the day.  Listening to a book.
From today, I learned: This was a fun run.  I like the reading/running combo.

Thursday planned: 4 miles easy; Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 5.89 miles (6 miles run from yesterday); Thursday weights
From today, I learned: This was a nice/easy run, but my legs felt tired because I lifted weights first

Friday planned: 4 miles easy
Friday actual: 4.38 miles in the heat
From today, I learned: This run was all about "where is the shade?"  Literally, that's all I wanted, the whole time.

Saturday planned: 6 miles long run
Saturday actual: 6.7 miles over the tracks and around the lake in Robbinsdale.
From today, I learned: I learned how to complain about a train blocking the road for too long. Or, I made an attempt by emailing 311.

No comments:

Post a Comment