9.9.19

TC 10K - 5 Weeks to Go

Sunday planned: 3 miles easy
Sunday actual: 1.19 miles after walking around the state fair all day with Olive.
From today, I learned: Coach totally understood why I did not do this workout as written!

Monday planned: Quality workout
Monday actual: Run 5 miles easy, in circles, listening to an audio book.  In the heat.
From today, I learned: I was in my bliss.  I loved the book.  The heat didn't bother me.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.25 miles.  Tuesday weights.  Bonus Tuesday Abs
From today, I learned: It was a gorgeous looking day outside but the winds were 25mph, so I ran on the treadmill.

Wednesday planned: 5 miles easy
Wednesday actual: Quality workout, swapped with Monday
From today, I learned: This workout always looks easier than it is. It's always hard.  But it may be one I just keep doing forever to get better at it.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: Run 4.5 miles on Blue Hill trail.  Thursday weights.  Bonus leg exercises
From today, I learned: My biggest learning was lifting weights.  I did my normal warm up and then basically ran through it again, and I felt a big difference when I got to the actual weights.  It was easier for me to keep my knees/toes in the right position.

Friday planned: 4 miles easy
Friday actual: 1.2 miles in the morning before work
From today, I learned: I had a great run yesterday.  I'm okay with taking it easy today.

Saturday planned: 7 miles long run
Saturday actual: 7.1 miles, back and forth around Lake Nokomis.  This is after a 3 mile bonus walk and checking out Monarch Festival with Dungeon Master.  I stretched after the run and then again in the evening.
From today, I learned: This wound up not on purpose being a progression run.  The last running mile I was like "just go hard to that tree" and then "now go hard to the next tree" all the way around the lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment