5.9.19

Quality Wednesday: This workout still looks easier than it is

Plan: Warm up, then sets of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 minutes at progressively faster speeds with 2mins in between for rests.  Cool down.
Actual Mileage: 2.5 miles running, 1 miles for a warm up and cool down
Route: Warm up and cool down were on the track.  The main sets were on the treadmill for speed accuracy. 
Execution: I decided, because this workout looks mild on paper, that I'd try to run each set slightly faster than the first time I ran this workout.  So, what happened was
5:00 at 5.8mph or 10:21/mile
4:00 at 6.1mph or 9:50/mile
3:00 at 6.1mph or 9:50/mile
2:00 at 6.3mph or 9:31/mile, and this is about where I tore my headsets out because music was making things worse
1:00 at either 6.3 or 6.4mph, I honestly can't remember which.  Again, in silence because music was not helping my rhythm at that point.
From today, I learned: This workout always looks much milder than it really is.  I think I would've done better with a longer workout on the treadmill before I started jacking up the speed.
I'm proud of myself for trying to make this one just slightly harder and sticking with the pain.
Bonus: I did 'leg day' exercises as my warm up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment