3.7.19

Quality Miles Monday: Treadmill miles

Plan: "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" workout, which is not my track workout but a similar idea.
Actual Mileage: 3.5 miles on the treadmill plus 0.5 miles walking warm up on the track.
Route: Track: walking warm up.  Treadmill: Actual workout.
Weather: The reason I am inside.
Execution: I told my coach I was 'lulled into a false sense of security' on this one. To me, for some reason, this workout looked easier than the half mile repeats I did last week.  When it was 65* out.
Warm up: walking 1/2 mile on the track. 10 mins easy running on the treadmill.
5 mins at 10:30/mile (10:31/mile because it's what the treadmill can do), 2 mins easy
4 mins at 10:00/mile, 2 mins easy.  I am beginning to question all of my decisions.
3 mins at 10:00/mile, 2 mins easy.  I am beginning to fear flying off the back of the treadmill.
2 mins at 9:40/mile, 2 mins easy.  I have not fallen off the treadmill yet.  I may survive.
1 min at 9:40/mile, 2 mins easy.  I actually almost ran through the front of the treadmill, I was so excited to get this done with.
10 mins cool down on the treadmill.
From today, I learned: Are you familiar with the concept of 'chicken wings' while running?  Because I really had to focus on tucking in my elbows when I was getting tired.
Bonus: I wore my fast shoes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment