15.9.19

Long Run Saturday

Plan: 6 miles; middle 2 miles at race pace

Actual Mileage: 6.3 miles, plus 0.3 miles walking back to the car

Route: Two laps around Palmer Lake plus a walking cool down.

Weather: Low 60s and a touch of wind

Wardrobe: I wore a dark blue shirt because the sun is shining and I wanted to feel the heat and the solar power.

High Points of the workout: First "fast" mile felt strong.

From the high points, I learned:  I actually was probably going too fast at some points.  My pacing was really uneven.
Struggles of the workout: Second "fast" mile was a struggle. I felt like I slowed down but I definitely tried to keep kicking.

From the struggles, I learned: I kept a good attitude in my head, after an initial "I can't kick that hard for that long" I was all "if you think you can't or you think you can, you're right" and then I tried harder.  So that was positive.

Next steps: I told my coach I am definitely looking forward to running with her.  I think having another person around to pace off of will be a real boost for me.  Looking at this has also helped me understand why I like doing these fast paced workouts on the treadmill.  My pacing doesn't get nearly as screwed up.
 

Bonus: I did leg day exercises after the run and then walked back to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment