30.8.19

Liz Dream: just (sort of) like real life

Liz Dream:
I was going to see this patient.  But in the dream and in real life, the ‘patient' is also the author of a blog I read.  So I had to act like not a total creeper while talking to Blog Author about his health care directive wishes.  And the children of Blog Author kept coming in and just being little kids and Blog Author kept having to wait for spouse to come shooo the kids away so we could continue talking about “what if you need CPR or a feeding tube”.

I was late leaving that house because of all the interruptions with the kids, and because health care directives take for ever.  Even in dreams I can't make this shorter.   So obviously I didn’t get to eat lunch. So much of this dream is like real life.

I think I may have wound up raiding Blog Author’s pantry (it could’ve been my own food, that part of the dream is hazy) and wound up with pretzels and crackers and instant mac n cheese and similar high carb comfort foods. (Mmmmm.  That part of the dream is probably based on my current W30 status)

Excellent.  High car comfort foods! Because: my next patient was feeling nauseous and needed help picking different foods that he could eat.  So dream social work Liz is all “I’ll just bring this guy some food and we can try it together.  I’ll get lunch and he can sample.”

Y’all, my next dream patient was Dwayne the Rock Johnson.  Dream social work Liz brought kraft mac n cheese to the Rock and he straight up loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment