19.8.19

TC 10K - 8 Weeks To Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: Walked 1 mile, ran 1.16 miles, walked 1 mile home
From today, I learned: I got up in the morning just thinking I'd run, but then I'm all "I could walk to the marsh and run there" So that's what happened.  Then I had donuts for breakfast.

Monday planned: 4 miles easy
Monday actual: 4.22 miles in the morning.  Tuesday weights in the afternoon becuase I have scheduling issues this week.
From today, I learned: This was actually a fun run.  I literally tried to stop and enjoy the flowers because it was an easy day.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.35 miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: Getting up early paid off.

Wednesday planned: Hill repeats
Wednesday actual: Hill repeats in Cincinnati. Same route as here.
From today, I learned: That hill is crazy steep.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.21 miles in the morning.  No weights because I'm on vacation.
From today, I learned: It's hot in Cincinnati.  Also I wished I'd worn clean clothes because I ran into a neighbor of Mom and Dad who actually wanted to hug me.

Friday planned: 4 miles easy
Friday actual: 1.25 miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: There was no way I was running 4 miles this morning.  Sometimes it's better to rest.

Saturday planned: 6 miles, middle 2 at race pace
Saturday actual: 6 miles, middle 2 at 9:55 and 10:15/mile, so not perfect but definitely a solid effort.
From today, I learned: I learned how to 'pace' myself on the open road and not rely on a treadmill.  This was also a great effort for mental toughness. 
Bonus 1 mile walk back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment