27.8.19

Favorite Running Shoes: 2019

The number of times I've talked about shoes on this blog is really impressive.  How to tie shoes comes up more often than you'd think.  Early on I realized whatever shoes I like, they will stop making.  Then I started experimenting with new brands of shoes.  Last year, Tuesdays on the Run also asked about the shoe situation

Today is the 2019 Shoe Situation. Thanks again to Tuesdays on the Run

I have four pairs of shoes in the current (read: summer) rotation.  I don't know why my NB Minimus aren't in the rotation right now.  Perhaps I should find them in my closet?  My big "trail shoes" I wear a lot in the winter in the snow, but they go dark in the summer.
Xero Prio are my ''easy day' shoes and also my main weightlifting shoes. I wear their cousins, the lena to work most days.
Merrell Trail Crusher (another in the long list of shoes they don't make anymore) are another 'easy day' run as well as any run with a varied surface.  I've run some races in different versions of this shoe.
Brooks Launch are my "fast day" shoes for tempo runs, hard treadmill runs, and 'speed' workouts.  To me, they feel like "a lot of shoe" but to most people they are more like flats.
Skora Phase are my racing shoes, rainy day running shoes, and sometimes weight lifting shoes. These are the best shoes I have for running in the rain.  The sole is beyond 'sticky'.

No comments:

Post a Comment