26.8.19

Long Run Friday: Blue Hill Trail

Plan: 7 miles easy
Actual Mileage: 8 miles.  Because logistics.
Route: I ran the "long" Blue Hill Trial Loop first.  On my second time around, I took a shortcut across the top, just to decrease the mileage.
Weather: 70s, partly cloudy, a bit of wind.  Absolute heaven!
Wardrobe: I wore an Ink N Burn outfit with compression socks for this one.  Long socks is one of my only requirements for trail running.  I used my Merrels today and they did great. I could've actually done this one in my Minimus shoes if I'd planned ahead.
Execution: This was actually a hard run.  The footing wasn't as good as it has been in the past.  Mostly due to unevenness of the grass and tons of groundhog mounds.  (Or really, name your subterranean mammal that digs mounds, I'm not fussy.) 
From today, I learned: I'm proud of myself for gritting this one out.  I focused a lot on "leading with my hips" up the hills and on the uneven footing.  And then I focused on really enjoying the spots with great footing.
Bonus: This is the trail I think "If Chris ever comes to town, I'm taking him here and showing him all the poop".  There was one pile I am reluctant to identify as bear poop.  It was big.  But I don't want that to mean there are bears near that trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment