22.8.19

Quality Miles Wednesday: Lactate threshold workout on the mill

Plan: Warm up 1 mile
15 mins at 10:45/mile, 5 mins easy
10 mins at 10:00/mile, 5 mins easy
5 mins at "as fast as I can", 5 mins easy
Cool down
Actual Mileage: 0.8 miles walking warm up,  4.3 miles for the "workout" and 0.4 miles walking cool down.
Route: I was on a treadmill so I could hit the paces properly.
Execution:
Walking warm up: 0.8 miles, I started at 3.0mph and jacked it 0.1mph every couple of minutes.
5 mins easy running, 4.2mph- just to get things started
15mins at 5.6mph or 10:42/mile.  First couple minutes felt like death and then it was all "wow, I could actually go faster than this if I needed to.  Okay"  Followed by 5mins at 4.2mph
10mins at 6.0mph or 10:00/mile.  Again, the beginning sucked followed by "okay, this is faster but I'm doing okay here, just see how far I can get"  Followed by 5mins at 4.2mph
4 mins at 6.2mph or 9:40/mile and the last 1mins at 6.3mph or 9:32/mile
5 mins easy running
Walking cooldown going the other way with the speed.
From today, I learned: This was the best attitude I've had almost any workout I've tried.  I was open to the pain and learning from the pain, and really just wanted to get this thing right.  It was a hard workout, and not one I'd like to do often but I can do it.  Doing it right made me feel great.
Bonus: I told my coach I was so happy for myself to get this one right!

No comments:

Post a Comment