3.3.19

Marshmallow Training - 10 Weeks To Go

Sunday Planned: long run Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: Run 1 mile in the snow.  The was super slow going.
From today, I learned: I pulled out the face mask again for this run.  We're having a blizzard.   Also, this is the current weather situation in Minnesota.  We've had super impressive amounts of snow, with more on the way next weekend, and the roads in southern Minnesota are currently closed (literally).  I finally talked to Mom about my weather anxiety and that helped a bit. 


Monday Planned: Quality workout: 5 sets of 5:00 tempo with 2:00 rest.  Monday abs.  Monday weights.
Monday actual: Quality workout completed.  Instead of Monday abs/weights, I did Friday weights.  It just seemed like the thing.  I had the weight room to myself.
From today, I learned: Tempo work was fun.  It felt good to sweat!

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 miles
Tuesday actual: 1.15 miles in the snow.
From today, I learned: There have been a significant number of Yak Trax runs this month.  This run was much better than Sunday because it was post plowing.  Footing wasn't perfect but it was pretty good.  Also, the plow ridges are impressive.  PS - We got more snow tonight!

Wednesday Planned: Run 6 miles.  Wednesday weights.
Wednesday actual: 6 miles on the track, nice and easy heart rate.
Wednesday weights also accomplished.
From today, I learned: I felt much better after working out than I did before I started working out. 

Thursday Planned: Run 1 miles
Thursday actual: Run 6 miles at Rush Creek trail because of good weather today and lousy weather ahead.  Finisher.
From today, I learned: I started off feeling lousy (and also forgot my sports bra, had to use my emergency back up), but I'm glad I stuck with it because I felt better by the end of the run.

Friday Planned: Run 1 miles; weights
Friday actual: Run 1 mile; Monday weights; Monday Abs, so that's all done
From today, I learned:

Saturday Planned: Run 6 miles
Saturday actual: Run 1 miles, traded with Thursday
From today, I learned: So, I'd originally planned to do my long run today, but I just never felt up to it.  So, not only did I not feel up to going for a run, but now I have that guilt.  Also, since I'm doing it tomorrow, it's going to happen inside, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment