27.3.19

Quality Miles Monday Tuesday

Plan: 20 mins easy, 20 mins moderate, 10 mins easy

Actual Mileage: 5.42 miles

Route: From the downtown gym, along the Kenilworth trail, out and back

Weather: 50*, definitely some wind

Execution: I had a bit of a fail here.  I didn't re-read the instructions for this run before I did it so...
35 mins warm up plus easy running (this part is okay)
20 mins (roughly) more than moderate running.  I had a 10:08 and and 10:16 mile, which weren't even paces I  thought I could throw down outside of a race.  So, I made this workout probably harder than it needed to be, but it got done.
15 mins easy running and cool down (this part is also okay)

From today, I learned: I mean, read the workout before I do it next time. I could've slowed down a bit here.

Bonus: Strava says I've set a couple PRs on this run, and 3rd place for my "2 mile effort" (ya think?!?)  I'm guessing efforts 1 and 2 are in some 5K races from a year or two ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment