25.3.19

Long Run Sunday - Lake Harriet

Plan: Run 12 miles around the river.
Run to and around Lake Harriet!
Actual Mileage: 11.5 miles, and I'm okay with it.
Route: Down to the creek, along the creek, around Lake Harriet, back along the creek, up through Tangletown and down that super fun hill, then back home.
Weather: Started in the high 30s and ended in the mid 40s.  Cloudy and humid.  Very little wind. 
Wardrobe:
Shoes: Trail Crushers.  I finally just bought another pair of these, so I can run the marathon in a pair that does not have 500 miles on them.
Pants: Asics running pants.
Top: Short sleeve shirt, and a quarter zip that I had on for about a mile.
Other: Nathan racing vest; turns out there's enough storage to hold a quarter zip in there. And a buff on my head.
Execution: I'd headed out my door planning to run over to the river.  But I got about four steps and was all "I bet it's clear to Harriet and back, that'd be fun" I didn't look at my watch too much, just plodded along and had a nice time.
Nutrition: This run was fasted.  I am starting to think about actually doing the low carb or whole30 thing again, up until race day.  That will help the weight situation and also help dial in nutrition.
From today, I learned: Hills are getting more fun, and that is not a thing I thought I'd ever say.
Bonus: Did I tell you I ran in short sleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment