22.3.19

Quality Miles Thursday

Plan:
Warm up: 1 mile
Repeat 3x Tempo: 1 mile at 11:00-10:30/mile, Easy 1/2 mile
Cool down: 1 mile

Actual Mileage: 6.75 miles

Route: Well, see...I'd planned to do Rush Creek Trail.  But apparently it's underwater.  Like, even more impressive than the water on the Greenway, Under Water!  And I was not getting around that mess. So, I finally got to try the path north of the dam along the river because it was NOT under water.  I took that path north about a mile, and then ran my first tempo mile and half mile easy, then turned around, etc.

Weather: OMG Finally!  It was a gorgeous 48* and fairly windy. Wind was in my face on the northbound legs of this route.

Wardrobe: Shorts, long sleeve shirt, compression socks, Merrel shoes.  (I need to get another pair of these; they are over their mileage.)

Execution:
Warm up: 1.46 miles.  The warm up is long because of the flooding issues I discovered. Thank goodness it was like 0.2 miles into the run.
Tempo: 10:33; 10:33; 10:19
Cool down: 1.3 miles of taking pictures on the dam.

From today, I learned: I told my coach this workout was harder in my mind that it was in my body.  Dreading the workout took a lot more energy than running it. I did feel lousy on Monday and not doing it then was the right decision.

Bonus: I mean, did I tell you about the sunshine.  I'm starting to get a tan on my face and neck from being outside.  In Minnesota.  In March!

No comments:

Post a Comment