10.1.20

Since moving...

I keep having all these "since I moved" thoughts.  I want them all written down in one place.

Heated blanket - I couldn't find my old heated blanket.  That's one of (thankfully) very few things I just cannot find since the move.  I got a new one at Costco because...

Heat - Captain Smiley wisely told me to install a Nest Thermostat. Then Olive actually helped me install it.  My particular thermostat has a second sensor upstairs, where it gets super hot any time of the year.  When the nest is following the upstairs temperatures, downstairs gets a bit cool.

Computer lap pad - I finally also remembered why I like this lap pad for my computer.  It's so the computer itself isn't sitting on the heated blanket.  Funny how it all comes together sometimes.

Snow removal - I'd seen Captain Smiley's place and I'd seen the alley before I moved in so I wasn't too worried. My garage has a tight angle of approach to the alley.  So I was curious about how the winter was going to go.
I did invest in a snow shovel and I have done some 'clean up' after the snow removal people come with their snow blowers. I want things to look how I want them to look.  My driveway has generally been clear.  Cross fingers, turning angle into the alley has so far been okay.

Driving - I still drive a ton for my job.  I'm now 'after' a few traffic snarls that I used to have to sit in. I feel much less rushed to 'get home before rush hour' now.  That's been a pleasure.

Laundry - I was just having this conversation with someone.  It's so nice to have it right upstairs.  I don't have to wonder if anyone else is using the machines, etc. It does take me longer to do the laundry now, since I can only do one load at a time, but I'm okay with the compromise.

Biking - something I thought I would do a lot up here is ride my bike for pleasure.  (Not in the winter.  I said for pleasure.)  I didn't ride at all this summer.  So, that's something maybe for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment